Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tick-tocks on a rhythm, the clock going on and on,
feels like its raining happy times and cotton candies.

All people dreaming, jumping conversations with friends;
its the days of the blue moon, the stars shining bright thro the day.
This time, the lights sing on, I'm just trying to forget;
In the city of my dreams, I'm walking alone.

Sunlight grasps my tears in the morning glare,
I ask for forgotten times, lost at a fork in the road;
the sign boards all point to me, I'm almost certain I'm crying no more.

Here comes the rain calling, the flow strips me of chains and binds,
loosing all that I held hard within, all I never wanted to be losing.
The sun rises back to rain the warmth, the day smiles back at the shadows in dark,
I walk in the circles of the clock.

No comments: